ISLAM: IMPORTANT RESEARCH RESULTS
Lecture by András Szalai, PhD—director of CFAR Hungary (Apológia Kutatóközpont), based on his dissertation: “The Islamic View of Christianity and its Impact on Relations Between the Two Religions” (Lutheran Theological University, Budapest, Hungary, 2012)
The dissertation is roughly 280 pages in length, so this two-part lecture focuses on selected important issues going beyond the basics about Islam. The goal of the lecture is to clarify common misunderstandings about Islam and the Islamic view of Christianity, Christ and the Bible, and to offer insights from a Christian point of view.
• What is the relationship between religion and state in Islam?
• Is the category of “Abrahamic religions” a valid one?
• What does the concept “People of the Book” mean (and not mean)?
• How the Qur’an came forth—according to the Qur’an and Hadiths
• Can the Qur’an really be understood by anyone?
• Why are Hadith collections necessary?
• The Qur’an and the Bible compared
• What kinds of myths surround the Qur’an?
Accompanying slides can be downloaded at http://thecenters.org/downloads/Islam_3slides.pdf