ISLAM: IMPORTANT RESEARCH RESULTS
Lecture by András Szalai, PhD—director of CFAR Hungary (Apológia Kutatóközpont), based on his dissertation: “The Islamic View of Christianity and its Impact on Relations Between the Two Religions” (Lutheran Theological University, Budapest, Hungary, 2012)
The dissertation is roughly 280 pages in length, so this two-part lecture focuses on selected important issues going beyond the basics about Islam. The goal of the lecture is to clarify common misunderstandings about Islam and the Islamic view of Christianity, Christ and the Bible, and to offer insights from a Christian point of view.
• Who is Allah—“the God,” or…?
• Is shirk polytheism only, or more?
• Isalogy vs. Christology: which is the true story of Jesus?
• The alleged corruption of the Bible—does this concern its text, or its interpretation?
• “Allah AND Muhammad”—the neglected significance of these texts
• Replacing Muhammad—from the “Imitatio Muhammadi” to the Caliphate
Accompanying slides can be downloaded at http://thecenters.org/downloads/Islam_3slides.pdf